hello!

Posted
Rating:
#22480 (In Topic #14778)
Standard member
babywicca200 is in the usergroup ‘Curious onlooker’
hi! i'm just getting into witchcraft, can anyone help me out with getting to start practicing? or if anyone has any recommendations on books that help you learn more things about this topic? 

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Saulamay is in the usergroup ‘Witch’
Greetings and merry meet, I would recommend going to the research tab and looking through the Slabs to see which path calls to you most. What you want to study is going to be based on what path you wish to follow. You can also go through the Forums and see if anything’s there sparks an interest.
One of the first things I would suggest is learning to meditate so you are able to ground yourself and focus your intentions. I would also focus on breathing as well.
I wish you all the best on your new found journey. Blessed be.
Online now: No Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Norwich is in the usergroup ‘Witch’
Hi baby Wicca,
Welcome. Take a look around the beginners section. Quick Witch tips is on getting started in practicing, books are recommended and some beginner books have been culled from the free library.

https://witches.chat/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=beginners%2Fgood-books-for

https://witches.chat/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=beginners%2Fquick-witch-tips

Last edit: by Norwich

Posted
Rating:
Standard member
Lepus is in the usergroup ‘Prophet/ess’
Hello,

Judging by your username - Wicca is the path you've chosen so I would recommend reading these four books for beginners:

Wicca for Beginners by Thea Sabin
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham
Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham
Elements of Ritual: Air, Fire, Water & Earth in the Wiccan Circle by Deborah Lipp

Wicca for Beginners by Thea Sabin is a good book for starters as it sets the fundamental basic principles and practice.  The reader will be able to hone their skills on visualization, meditation, and grounding through a more slightly advance techniques on journeying, pathworking and trance. The book also covers on the tools of the trade; as well, on the misconceptions about Wicca.

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner and Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham are also good books for beginners as it's intended towards individuals walking this path alone. Which I would assume majority newcomers into Wicca are solitary practitioners. He covers basic Wiccan beliefs and focuses on attuning with the Earth and how to connect with the god and goddess. His non-dogmatic approach is perfect for those new to Wicca as he would like the individual reader to personalize their own practice by creating your own rituals and how to create your own Book of Shadows. He even includes his own Book of Shadows to give you an idea.

Elements of Ritual: Air, Fire, Water & Earth in the Wiccan Circle by Deborah Lipp is recommended for beginners and intermediate alike because she goes in-depth with evey step of the ritual and elaborates on the four elements which is the very foundation for the traditonal Wiccan circle. She encourages the readers to create your very own rituals without following any strict guidelines on words and gestures.

I would suggest reading the books in order as it's listed above to get a better understanding.

Lepus
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.
Control functions: